Thursday, October 20, 2016

Ready, Set, Create 🎬🎥💫

Creating my Genius hour iMovie trailer is to date one of the most complex assignments I have completed with technology. Throughout my brainstorming process of how to create this trailer I thought of the different real-life pictures I can take, the perfect song, and the perfect words; but the task proved to be more complicated then I envisioned. I would have liked to implement photos I personally took of either myself, family and friends and the children of the community I work with on a daily basis, however settling for the next best option of the Internet also worked. I also found the perfect song but not in instrumental so I decided to see what it would sound with the lyrical version and it did work not as well but worked! What did work was the words and implementing them into the video. It was a working process to put it together and get timing and transitions to work with each other. I definitely educated myself with video demonstrations from YouTube with individuals explaining the process and program of iMovie. It required lots of patience and will power not to give up! Technology has not always been my best friend, I do however value the importance of it and completely agree that it has become apart of the 21st century learner and should be used in our classrooms.


This project as much as it has been rushed unfortunately because of the time frame we had to complete it I think can be taken and used in our future teaching plans. I allowed me to think critically of my life as a student in my 20’s, how students now learn and use physical education and physical activity to help better themselves both physically and mentally. It took a lot from me the week I was not physically active and that will be explained in my TedTealk…so stay tuned for that! But all that being said this class was a great, felt overwhelming at times when your not in your comfort zone, but that’s a huge part of what learning is about. This course connected a variety of classes and opened avenues for educators to use cross-curriculum methods. For example using different Math games to develop skills (games are played online!), using a variety of literature sites (ie. worldle, Storybird, paper.li to develop literacy skills). Not to mention the sites introduced to help organize and make brainstorming fun and innovative (Popplet and Bubbl.us) and connect us to educators through blogging, like Edutopia. Taking the opportunity to explore, learn and create with new pieces of technology, new materials and resources and begin the start of a diverse suitcase filled with tools and a growing mindset! 

1 comment:

  1. Trish,
    Love the portfolio! I can tell you put a lot of time and work into this like most students. I can definitely relate to you when it comes to difficulty of time frame- this was hard for me too. I don't know if you can relate to me BUT technology and me do not go together so this class was definitely an experience! I can tell you learned from this course as you manipulated pictures and reflected often which is great to see. This experience of the course definitely allows us educators to get in touch with the 21st century learning!
    Don't forget to add your Twitter so we can see some of your tweets :)
    Great work here, be proud of yourself because you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete